About Me

My photo
I am 32 years old. I work at Kyungnam University in South Korea and I have gained my MA in Linguistics from Waikato University.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Owen's English News Blog! Every week I will be posting new and exciting news stories from the Internet however my news stories will have a difference - I will make them easier for you to read! Yes, I will carefully select news stories on a variety of interesting topics and edit them to make them easier for ESL students to read.

Why am I doing this? Well, in my research I have discovered that regular reading is one of the most important activities that an ESL student can [undertake to](do)improve their speaking [in terms of](for example) their vocabulary and fluency(fast and correct).

Throughout my studies I have found: both as a student of Korean language, and a teacher of English as a Second Language; that students (including myself) suffer from a dearth (lack/not-enough) of English reading material they can use to improve their English fluency and vocabulary.

So I would love to reaceive requests from learners who find this blog interesting and helpful regarding the types of stories you would like me to post for you and how difficult you would like them.

So here we go!...

No comments: